Today’s post is exactly that. Random. As a matter of fact, it’s so random, I completely forgot what I was going to blog about. Isn’t that lovely?
Let’s see if I can at least come up with thirteen things to talk mention…
1. Tonight is the NFL Draft. I think there will definitely be an NFL season. I think players get paid too much. I think rookies that get bonus’ higher than the salaries of veteran players is outrageous. I think there’s too much talk about ‘Show Me The Money’ and not enough talk of ‘What kind of player are you going to be for me, for the team, for the fans?’ I don’t think Cam Newton should go first. I do think I’ll be handing my husband a tissue to cry into when the Jacksonville Jaguars make some hideous draft choices.
2. My family and friends in the Alabama area are fine and safe and their homes are still intact. My thoughts go out to those who have been injured, have lost everything, have lost someone near and dear.
3. I am reading Rednecks and Roses by Judy Mays. It’s freakin’ hilarious. What’s been done to her is appalling and atrocious.
4. I’m going to Atlanta this weekend with my family. DH and DS are going to a Braves game of which I could care less. DD and I are going to spend the day at the Georgia Aquarium. We’re staying in a downtown high rise hotel and are going to have a blast. I hope to visit reader Janeen’s family’s Italian Restaurant Saturday evening before we head back home.
5. People that abandon animals should be shot.
6. Trader Joe’s has some of the most addicting foods and snack items. Ever. My current obsession is their Chile Spiced Mango slices. I love their selection of cheeses too.
7. I am loving both my Kindle and my Nook Color. Both are very different but wonderful.
8. I am going to the Lori Foster event in June. Are you?
9. Twisted Up will be turned in tomorrow evening before I leave for Atlanta.
10. I watched the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 today. I will be devastated when all is said and done. As with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter has been an awesome adventure. My daughter has grown up watching HP and to her, it signifies the end of her childhood as she’s always known it. It is bittersweet but I cannot wait to see it July 15th.
11. NASCAR will be in North Carolina next month and y’all know I’ll be going so’s I can scream and yell my fool head off. It will help inspire me to work on Drive Shaft. At the present time, Alli is nursing her second beer.
12. Did y’all know my books are available on Barnes and Noble for the Nook? I’m guessing by the rankings that most of you don’t. Most of your friends don’t either. I’m hoping to change that soon with a Nook giveaway.
13. It’s 6:30pm and I need to get working on more revisions before the Draft starts in a couple of hours.
13 1/2. Yes, I am getting up at 3something in the morning to watch the wedding. I watched Princess Diana get married. I watched her funeral. It’s only fitting that I watch her son. I wish them the very best of life and I hope their marriage fairs better than his mother’s did. You can see her in his smile. I have always been fascinated by British history, by the monarchy. The first book I read, that I remember aside from Cinderella was called Good Queen Bess about Queen Elizabeth I. She has always been my heroine and I think that’s where my fascination began with history in general and with British history in particular.
Have a great night.
We’ll probably DVR The Wedding. I agree w/ most of your list w/ the exceptions of ACTUAL Nascar races (LOVE the ones in your books…HINT HINT), the NFL, & the Braves.
Have fun & be safe while you’re on your vacay!!
I am watching! but then I am several hours ahead of you AND wearing red white and blue in a very cute sundress.
Have a great weekend!
Have a great weekend, Lissa, and so glad to hear that you and yours are all safe.
Thanks for the head’s up about TJ’s snacks, I love me some snacks right about now.