Today I have Samhain author Samantha Sommersby stopping by to share with us some information about her 28 Days of Heart release, Touch of Fire and why she wanted to be part of this wonderful cause benefiting the American Heart Association.
Here’s what she had to say:
Why am I supporting this project?
My grandmother died of heart disease. Both of my parents have high-blood pressure and cholesterol problems. As I inch closer to fifty, I’m starting to realize the importance of prevention, the importance of instilling good habits early on. Until recently I didn’t have to worry about diet or exercise. This past year Curves, Jenny Craig, and I became friends. By Christmas I’d met my goals. With heart disease being the number one killer of women, how could I not support this project? I encourage readers to not only purchase these books (thereby donating to the AHA), but to read the Wildfire newsletter this month, where they will be posting an array of heart-healthy tips, and to support their Go Red for Women’s Team by pledging to wear Red on February 5th. Learn more here.
He’d brave the fires of hell just to hold her…
Firefighter Garrett Flint rescues the beautiful Nicole from a burning building, and then breaks all the rules by taking her into his home and into his heart.
In honor of the series release, I’m running a contest!
Enter the Your Heart’s Desire Contest
1. Post a list of the four titles from the series you’d most like to have someplace on the web. Facebook, myspace, twitter, your own blog, one belonging to a friend, this one…all fair game.
2. Using the contact page on my website samanthasommersby [dot] com, email me the URL where I can find your post and your email address
What’s the Fabulous Prize?
At the end of the month I will fulfill the wishes of seven winners for a total of 28 books. Winners will be contacted prior to fulfillment just in case their top four selection has changed.
Why seven winners, four books each? Because I really want to encourage everyone to support this endeavor. With 28 titles to choose from in so many sub-genres, and for a super reasonable price ($1.99-$3.50) you’re sure to find some others that you can’t live without. Right?
Samantha Sommersby lives in San Diego with her husband and son. In 2007 she left what she used to call her “real life” day job as a psychotherapist to pursue writing full-time. She now happily spends her days immersed in the world of the Forbidden, a world where vampires are real, where magic is possible, and where love still conquers all. Samantha is the author of over a dozen novels and novellas including The Temptation, book four in the critically acclaimed Forbidden series releasing March 5 and published by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
– Website: http://samanthasommersby.com
– MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/samanthasommersby
– Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/samanthasommersby
– Twitter: http://twitter.com/samsommersby
– Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immortalitybites/
– Blogspot: http://immortalitybites.blogspot.com/
– Newsletter Sign-up: http://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Join/signupId:56104 or link from the home page of http://www.samanthasommersby.com
I appreciate Samantha stopping by, sharing her story, and letting us know about her contests. This is awesome, y’all!