And y’all KNOW what that means!
I have uploaded Masked to Smashwords and it is available now! I have uploaded it to Amazon and Barnes and Noble, however it is not available at either of these yet. Amazon should be available later tonight, but Barnes and Noble won’t be available for 24-72 hours. I’ll let you know though as soon as it is…
A Dominant with a flogger and a secret.
A submissive man with a mask and a desire.
A tricky encounter? Or a treat to be savored…?
Masked is the first in a trio of short stories about the developing feelings and between submissive Bobby and dominant Thor. Approximately 5000 words.
Bobby tells himself the mask he’s been wearing all month is just part of the Halloween theme of Abyss, the alternative lifestyle club he frequents. But it’s not the truth. He’s in the closet and he’s ready to come out. Only problem is the man he’s interested in is a friend. And straight.
For a month of weekends, the man in the black mask has been watching Thor as he’s flogged, paddled, and whipped woman after woman. His unwavering gaze prompts Thor to wonder what he could possibly want. Is he a stalker? A jealous dominant or boyfriend? Thor is unsure, but decides it’s time to find out.
Something in the eyes of the masked man strikes Thor as familiar, but he’s unable to figure it out before the man makes his wish known. He wants a spanking. Bare-handed. In private. From Thor.
Secret identities and hidden desires unfold between the seemingly straight Dominant and the submissive harboring a deep, long-held onto lust.
Y’all have a great day and I’ll be in touch!
(this was the image that was the first inspiration for Cam Carter in Stick Shift…cocky, self assured, a little wicked and devilish)
Yes I did!
He was doing a signing at Walmart, organized by NOS Energy Drinks. The store is down the street from me and well, hell, y’all KNOW I’m not gonna pass up the chance to meet him.
I’ll pass up the chance to meet authors (Eden Bradley is the exception for this) and music stars and actors and most other sports stars (save for a few in golf, football, and racing), but Kyle Busch. Not unless I’m dead and since the rapture didn’t happen over the weekend, I’m still alive and kicking and WOW…
We stood in line, me, my son, and my mom for little over an hour.
I got the guys behind me to let me take a picture of their really cool motorcycle helmets.
My son talked to me about his day with his grandmother. They went to Hendrick Motorsports today and saw Chad Knaus, crew chief of the #48 Lowes Chevrolet. I played peak a boo with the baby in front of me who like to laugh. I marveled at the size of the line, which wasn’t huge but wasn’t small either. And then …
Yes. I was a fan girl. I was not squee’ing at this point, but WOW!
(he was signing my shirt)
(after he signed my hat)
I simply think he’s adorable. He’s got the smile down pat and rightly so. He said hey, how ya doin’… and I. Was. In. Heaven. He was kind and polite. NOS Energy people were everywhere, police and security were too. They didn’t let people touch him or get next to him. They moved the line very quickly and even though it was like a tightly run ship, it was awesome to meet him. All night I have gone around saying ‘I met Kyle Busch’. And I did. It was cool.
On Saturday, we went to pit road and that too was awesome.
It’s been an interesting week. I’ve got a lot of research material for my next racing book. I’ve got a lot of fun memories and the week isn’t over yet. I think we’re going to KBM (Kyle Busch Motorsports) tomorrow or Thursday. I even managed to get a little writing done today and will try as I can for more over the next days.
Y’all are amazing and I thank you for indulging me in my love of NASCAR and Kyle Busch.
Yep! It means yours truly is headed to Charlotte Motor Speedway for some racin’!
My boy Kyle won the truck race last night. I wasn’t there cause it was my daughter’s 17th birthday. But, it’s all good. I will be at tonight’s race, sitting on the front stretch between the exit of pit road and the flag stand. I also have pit passes for before the race. So, that means … RESEARCH! Purely and totally 100% research and NOT anything to do with me absolutely loving the sport.
I tell ya, what I do for my job…grins
I will try to tweet pics from tonight.
I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend so far and will continue to do so! And no, there’s still no word from my editor.
Today’s post is exactly that. Random. As a matter of fact, it’s so random, I completely forgot what I was going to blog about. Isn’t that lovely?
Let’s see if I can at least come up with thirteen things to talk mention…
1. Tonight is the NFL Draft. I think there will definitely be an NFL season. I think players get paid too much. I think rookies that get bonus’ higher than the salaries of veteran players is outrageous. I think there’s too much talk about ‘Show Me The Money’ and not enough talk of ‘What kind of player are you going to be for me, for the team, for the fans?’ I don’t think Cam Newton should go first. I do think I’ll be handing my husband a tissue to cry into when the Jacksonville Jaguars make some hideous draft choices.
2. My family and friends in the Alabama area are fine and safe and their homes are still intact. My thoughts go out to those who have been injured, have lost everything, have lost someone near and dear.
3. I am reading Rednecks and Roses by Judy Mays. It’s freakin’ hilarious. What’s been done to her is appalling and atrocious.
4. I’m going to Atlanta this weekend with my family. DH and DS are going to a Braves game of which I could care less. DD and I are going to spend the day at the Georgia Aquarium. We’re staying in a downtown high rise hotel and are going to have a blast. I hope to visit reader Janeen’s family’s Italian Restaurant Saturday evening before we head back home.
5. People that abandon animals should be shot.
6. Trader Joe’s has some of the most addicting foods and snack items. Ever. My current obsession is their Chile Spiced Mango slices. I love their selection of cheeses too.
7. I am loving both my Kindle and my Nook Color. Both are very different but wonderful.
8. I am going to the Lori Foster event in June. Are you?
9. Twisted Up will be turned in tomorrow evening before I leave for Atlanta.
10. I watched the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 today. I will be devastated when all is said and done. As with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter has been an awesome adventure. My daughter has grown up watching HP and to her, it signifies the end of her childhood as she’s always known it. It is bittersweet but I cannot wait to see it July 15th.
11. NASCAR will be in North Carolina next month and y’all know I’ll be going so’s I can scream and yell my fool head off. It will help inspire me to work on Drive Shaft. At the present time, Alli is nursing her second beer.
12. Did y’all know my books are available on Barnes and Noble for the Nook? I’m guessing by the rankings that most of you don’t. Most of your friends don’t either. I’m hoping to change that soon with a Nook giveaway.
13. It’s 6:30pm and I need to get working on more revisions before the Draft starts in a couple of hours.
13 1/2. Yes, I am getting up at 3something in the morning to watch the wedding. I watched Princess Diana get married. I watched her funeral. It’s only fitting that I watch her son. I wish them the very best of life and I hope their marriage fairs better than his mother’s did. You can see her in his smile. I have always been fascinated by British history, by the monarchy. The first book I read, that I remember aside from Cinderella was called Good Queen Bess about Queen Elizabeth I. She has always been my heroine and I think that’s where my fascination began with history in general and with British history in particular.
Have a great night.
So, letters, poems, and love-type speeches. Here’s where I fall away. I don’t ‘I love you’s’ in my books. I don’t do mushy. I read that in books and I want to poke my eyes out. I’m sorry.
Now, let me say, I love love. I love romance. I just don’t care for the way it’s often done in romance novels. Some authors get it and are down and dirty and gritty about it and that is what I love, that’s the kind of ‘love-type speech’ I want. I don’t want it sweeter than my birthday cake. I want it to feel real… I want my toes to curl and my belly to flutter, not my gag reflex to kick in.
I have a few books where love is mentioned, but not often.
Because it’s the official start of racing this weekend, I’m picking from Stick Shift again, cause well, I can.
“You left me.”
He walked into her house as though he owned it. What was he doing there? And why did he look so damned good? His jaw was shadowed from not having been shaved recently, and he looked tired, on edge. She’d been gone, what? A day?
His scuffed cowboy boots, faded jeans, and an untucked white button-down shirt made her drool.
She nodded to the box in his hands. “What’s that?” Neutral territory, she figured. Take the focus off her for a second until she could get her brain to register with the rest of her that Cam Carter was actually standing in her living room looking better than she remembered, and she’d remembered in really vivid detail.
He set the box down on the couch and then faced her with his hands on his hips. “Don’t try to change the subject. You left me. Why?”
Slowly, she dragged her gaze away from his hands, away from the long, strong fingers she remembered touching every inch of her skin. Inside and out. His mouth was set in a firm, unsmiling line, and his eyes were narrow in her direction. She didn’t like that look. “I thought it would be best.”
“Yes. I was just trying to do the right thing, Cam.”
“For who? You?”
“No, of course not for me. For you.”
“For me? If you were trying to do the best thing or the right thing for me, you’d have stayed with me instead of leaving town. You’d have talked to me, told me what you were thinking about doing. Dammit, Lily. You are what’s best for me.”
“Cam…” She wanted to reach out to him, touch him, hold him. Hell, she wanted to strip naked and then strip him naked. She wanted him to take her on the couch, on the floor, in her bed — she didn’t care where. Her body missed him, her heart missed him, and it was taking everything she had to stay plastered against the panel of the front door.
“No, I’m not here to listen to it. We’ve talked about age and fame, so those aren’t it. I don’t know what it is, and frankly, I don’t care anymore. I want you. Did you think that not talking to you, not seeing you, not having you in bed with me would change that? ”
He’d taken one step after another as he talked, until he was standing in front of her, so close she could feel his breath against her hair. She stared at a button on his shirt and refused to look up. If she did, she’d be lost. She might be older than him and she might not be famous like him, but she was every inch a woman who wanted him, who needed him. She’d been freakin’ damn miserable without him for all of a damn day. She didn’t want to find out how she’d feel without him for a week, a month, a year.
“I don’t need you to run from me or to run away because you’re trying to protect me. I don’t need protection. I don’t need a mother, Lily. I’ve got one. I need you. You are the one who gives me peace and eases me.”
“Cam…” Her heart ached for him. She had been trying to protect him.
“I was trying so hard to make you see how much you needed me, how much you wanted me, so that you wouldn’t leave. I didn’t take into account how much I would need you, because I didn’t think for a moment that you’d actually go. Whatever problems I’m having on the track are not your fault. Not in the way everyone thinks, at least. I don’t know how to balance the two things I want most in life when I want to be doing both at the same time. I need you for that. I need you to help me figure it out. I need you to be the haven, the calm.”
Please remember to check out the following authors and their snippets…
And please remember that if you are participating in my Birthday Bash for the presents, commenting is not required or necessary on Saturday Snippets.
Have a great weekend! I’ll be watching the Daytona 500 tomorrow! Woot! Let’s Go #18!