Today’s post is exactly that. Random. As a matter of fact, it’s so random, I completely forgot what I was going to blog about. Isn’t that lovely?
Let’s see if I can at least come up with thirteen things to talk mention…
1. Tonight is the NFL Draft. I think there will definitely be an NFL season. I think players get paid too much. I think rookies that get bonus’ higher than the salaries of veteran players is outrageous. I think there’s too much talk about ‘Show Me The Money’ and not enough talk of ‘What kind of player are you going to be for me, for the team, for the fans?’ I don’t think Cam Newton should go first. I do think I’ll be handing my husband a tissue to cry into when the Jacksonville Jaguars make some hideous draft choices.
2. My family and friends in the Alabama area are fine and safe and their homes are still intact. My thoughts go out to those who have been injured, have lost everything, have lost someone near and dear.
3. I am reading Rednecks and Roses by Judy Mays. It’s freakin’ hilarious. What’s been done to her is appalling and atrocious.
4. I’m going to Atlanta this weekend with my family. DH and DS are going to a Braves game of which I could care less. DD and I are going to spend the day at the Georgia Aquarium. We’re staying in a downtown high rise hotel and are going to have a blast. I hope to visit reader Janeen’s family’s Italian Restaurant Saturday evening before we head back home.
5. People that abandon animals should be shot.
6. Trader Joe’s has some of the most addicting foods and snack items. Ever. My current obsession is their Chile Spiced Mango slices. I love their selection of cheeses too.
7. I am loving both my Kindle and my Nook Color. Both are very different but wonderful.
8. I am going to the Lori Foster event in June. Are you?
9. Twisted Up will be turned in tomorrow evening before I leave for Atlanta.
10. I watched the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 today. I will be devastated when all is said and done. As with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter has been an awesome adventure. My daughter has grown up watching HP and to her, it signifies the end of her childhood as she’s always known it. It is bittersweet but I cannot wait to see it July 15th.
11. NASCAR will be in North Carolina next month and y’all know I’ll be going so’s I can scream and yell my fool head off. It will help inspire me to work on Drive Shaft. At the present time, Alli is nursing her second beer.
12. Did y’all know my books are available on Barnes and Noble for the Nook? I’m guessing by the rankings that most of you don’t. Most of your friends don’t either. I’m hoping to change that soon with a Nook giveaway.
13. It’s 6:30pm and I need to get working on more revisions before the Draft starts in a couple of hours.
13 1/2. Yes, I am getting up at 3something in the morning to watch the wedding. I watched Princess Diana get married. I watched her funeral. It’s only fitting that I watch her son. I wish them the very best of life and I hope their marriage fairs better than his mother’s did. You can see her in his smile. I have always been fascinated by British history, by the monarchy. The first book I read, that I remember aside from Cinderella was called Good Queen Bess about Queen Elizabeth I. She has always been my heroine and I think that’s where my fascination began with history in general and with British history in particular.
Have a great night.
Happy Monday! (Yeah, right!) I’ve not slept well lately and I’m not at all sure how happy I am about that. I am growing exhausted and that’s not a good thing when I need to don the Author Hat and the Promo Ho Corset and Heels!
I am gonna need a lot of coffee over the next few weeks. I’ve been drinking Kona Coffee from Trader Joe’s the last few weeks and damn is it ever good! I am almost out of it, but when I am, I will be buying the new seasonal blend from Caribou Coffee called Lakeshore. I’ll be giving away 1/2 pound bags of coffee over the next few weeks, so, stay tuned! You might win one!
Okay, about today’s blog. I thought I’d give y’all a peek at the blurb for my next Ellora’s Cave Exotika, Carnal Ecstasy due out July 2nd.
If you read Simple Need, at the very beginning there is a bartender. Carnal Ecstasy is his story. It can be read by itself, it is not tightly tied to Simple Need, but, IF for some reason you haven’t read Simple Need, may I ask, why not? Grins…
Here is the blurb for Simple Need just in case there’s someone reading this that hasn’t picked it up yet!
Vinter is not your typical businessman. Tattoos, piercings and not a suit and tie in sight. One-third owner of a bar and a tattoo parlor along with being a bassist in a band, Vinter comes and goes as he pleases. He likes his beer cold, his music hard and his women scorching hot. Until he’s knocked off his game by a suburban doll he can’t stop wanting.
Elise needs a change. In men. The buttoned-up businessmen she’s been dating leave a lot to be desired—in romance, in respect and most definitely in sex. A recent text message from her now ex-lover drives Elise into a popular bar on the outside of town, where she meets one of its owners. He’s just the kind of man she’s never had and definitely the kind she’s always fantasized about. Big, bad and oh so naughty.
Unexpected tenderness. Unimaginable lust. Being dumped has never felt so damn good.
Carnal Ecstasy doesn’t have a cover yet, so, we have to use the coming soon cover from Ellora’s Cave for the time being. As soon as I have a cover, believe you me, it’ll be posted! Here’s the blurb:
When good girls go bad, very, very bad…
The minute Carrie meets tattooed, bad-boy bartender Dallon, her decision is made. He’s the one, her ticket to freedom and a new, independent life. She’s tired of dictates and zero dates and following the path laid out before her by her well-meaning-but-completely-out-of touch-with-her-reality religious parents.
Dallon sees the buttoned-up, full-of-curves woman outside the grocery store and feels the flames of hell licking at his heels. When she asks him for directions to the large, nearby university where she’s starting work, his gut-twisting lust for her doesn’t diminish, but those flames start to singe his tough-as-nails hide.
With the promise he made to himself about not fornicating with anyone associated with the university his father is the dean of about to go up in smoke, Carrie takes the first exit off the Heavenly Highway straight onto Sin Street. She wants Dallon to teach her all the things a good girl should never know and she won’t take Hell no for an answer.
Reader Advisory: What Dallon does with a beer bottle may be illegal in forty-eight out of fifty states…and at least two territories.
So, anyone wanna read it? Hell, with an advisory like that I want to read it and I’m the one that wrote it!
Have a fantastic day and I hope all of you have your credit cards ready for the release of Sweet Caroline tomorrow!