What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or sign up for our contests, newsletters, or other information.
When registering for a service our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to provide your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
When do we collect information?
Lissa Matthews, Author uses Mailchimp and MailerLite. By signing up for our mailing list, you acknowledge that the information you provide will be transferred to Mailchimp or MailerLite for processing in accordance with their Privacy Policies and Terms.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- Newsletter sign up: To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We only provide articles and information, we never ask for personal or private information like credit card numbers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc…) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won’t affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Third Party Disclosure
Third Party Links
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
How does our site handle do not track signals?
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in site notification as soon as such breach is brought to our attention, as appropriate.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
EU General Data Protection Regulation
You can learn more about the reform Here.
CAN SPAM Act
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
Unsubscribing from future emails
Links on the site may take you to third-party sites. We have no control over their content or accuracy. We do not know if they are affiliates of any vendor/site and make no claims in support of them.